Thursday 28 May 2015

"Another Wall Ruined" - In Praise of Witty Graffiti

Who doesn't love a bit of subversive graffiti? Well, besides the Daily Mail of course. Don't get me wrong. I'm not a fan of six foot tags that barely legibly say EGGZY WAZ HERE, but a subversive bit of humour in an unexpected place is a reminder that life isn't always the predictably dull experience we often come to expect. It's a reclaiming of the public space where we replace the drab with something humorous. With that in mind, I'd like to present a round-up of some of the funniest scrawlings I've found around the inter webs.

Sage advice.


Not graffiti perhaps, but it fits the bill. Funnily enough, most of these seem to be in public bathrooms. What that says about the greater public, I don't know.
I always appreciate a good pun. But bad puns are even better.
"Won't somebody think of the children?!" - Daily Express


Abrupt, obscene, unmissable. This should be in a gallery.


Satirical banter on a hand dryer? This is exactly the kind of genius I'm talking about.


Terrible punnary meet classic literature.




No comments:

Post a Comment